Friday 19 October 2012

The Jim Jones Revue


I totally forgot...

To kick off gig season, last Friday me and my better half went along to see The Jim Jones Revue at The Plug in Sheffield.

This is only the second time I've seen them but they're fast becoming one of my favourite bands. Even though the venue is badly laid out and slightly cramped to say the least, they completely blew the roof off! Even the gang of bratty girls who were more preoccupied showing off their dance moves to each other, and the small "technical" issues at the start of their set couldn't spoil it for me... They were fantastic!

Instead of waffling on trying to describe their sound to you all, here's a video from their new album "The Savage Heart"-



Cracking isn't it?!

If I'm completely honest I do still prefer their debut album, but maybe after a few more plays I'll have warmed to this one just as much :)

This is a Little Richard cover they recorded for their earlier album "Burning Your House Down"




Anyhow, I think you all get the message... These are an amazing band, who not only play some rather splendid music, but they know how to put on a cracking show too!



The man himself-
I know these aren't the clearest of shots, but being this close  there is an upside to tiny venues... 







1 comment: